November 13 — Dispatched for two calls. The first call was for burning electrical wires inside a home on Stapler Drive, in the Willow Wisp development. The second call was for an activated fire alarm at the Hampton Inn, in the Lower Makefield Corporate Center on Stony Hill Road.
November 14 — Dispatched for two calls. The first call was for burning electrical wires on a pole, at the intersection of Big Oak Road and Stony Hill Road. The second call was for a mutual aid assist to Morrisville (Station 98), for Ladder 0 to respond for an apartment fire at Colonial Gardens Apartments on Plaza Boulevard.
November 15 — Dispatched for three calls. The first call was for an activated fire alarm at Magic Cottage Day School, on Floral Vale Boulevard. The second call was for a special assignment to assist the squad with a patient on Kings Road, in the Edgewood Park development. The third call was for a burning electrical odor in a home on Lower Hilltop Road, near Concord Lane.
November 16 — Dispatched for two calls. The first call was for “fumes in the dwelling” at a home on South Main Street. The second call was for an activated carbon monoxide alarm at a home on Spruce Mill Drive, in the Makefield Glen development.
Year to date, the all-volunteer Yardley Makefield Fire Company responded to 556 calls. For more information and pictures about the fire company, please go to www.yardleymakefieldfire.com . New members are always welcomed. No experience necessary. We will train you.