November 5 — Dispatched for two calls. The first call was for “fumes in the dwelling” at a home on Beechwood Lane, near Dolington Road. The second call was for an activated carbon monoxide alarm at a home on Liberty Drive, in the Centennial Village development.
November 8 — Dispatched for three calls. The first call was for a natural gas leak on Princess Drive, where a work crew severed the gas line. The second call was for burning electrical wires on a pole, at the intersection of Big Oak Road and Stony Hill Road. The third call was for an activated fire alarm at a home on Tudor Lane, in the Westover development.
November 9 — Dispatched for a burning electrical odor in an office building in the Lower Makefield Corporate Center, on Stony Hill Road.
November 11 — Dispatched for two calls. The first call was for a dwelling fire at a home on Morningside Drive, near Edgewood Road. The second call was for an activated fire alarm at Manor Care Health Services, on Oxford Valley Road.
Year to date, the all-volunteer Yardley Makefield Fire Company responded to 547 calls. For more information and pictures about the fire company, please go to www.yardleymakefieldfire.com . New members are always welcomed. No experience necessary. We will train you.